Programmatic advertising automates spending and helps determine the types of ads that run and where they're placed, which all gets done using cutting edge technology like artificial intelligence (AI).
Sounds great, right? But there seems to be an overarching reluctance to embrace programmatic on the part of brands and advertisers alike. Although programmatic has experienced some bumps in the road, there's nothing to be afraid of. In fact, today's programmatic advertising can help you reach your audience for less money.
Before we highlight its benefits, let's debunk some common fears of advertisers and marketers to help you widen your marketing horizons. Once you realize there's nothing scary about it, you are free to explore the real benefits that programmatic advertising offers.
Feeling scared? You're not alone. Fortunately, we've gathered some of the top fears and debunked them for you right here:
● Poor Placement: Misplaced ads are among the top concerns for advertisers and brands.Previously, advertisers simply bought space on a page or on a section of a website. Today's savvy marketers use programmatic platforms, which allow them to reach their target audience everywhere on the web using invaluable first- and third-party data.
● Fraud: Have you heard that programmatic advertising puts you at risk for fraud? Ad fraud is nothing new, but when you move to a more tech-savvy, automated solution, you minimize the risk. . Artificial intelligence and various algorithms can identify ad fraud and avoid it. Of course, that's no replacement for doing your own due diligence to stay on top of things.
● Lack of Control: Although it's true that this format automates a lot of the advertising process, it doesn't take the control entirely out of your hands. Instead, it lets you work within a real-time environment that allows you to optimize at any time for amazing results. It automates, but it doesn't replace the need for a great strategy and a great team.
● Complexity: Oftentimes, marketers fear that programmatic advertising is overly complex. While it’s true that it is a complicated, intricate process, the heart of how it works is simpler than you might think. A consumer clicks on the page, the page's publisher puts the ad impression up for auction, advertisers bid for the space, and the ad is delivered to the prospective customer. The ability to adjust in real-time allows advertisers to target, retarget and optimize along the way to drive results.
Benefits of Programmatic Advertising
By 2019, experts estimate that programmatic will account for about half of all advertising. And there's a very good reason for that — as more marketers and brands overcome their fears, they begin to embrace the benefits unique to this format, including:
● Cost efficiency: Using programmatic advertising strategies, brands and advertisers can track the performance of their campaigns beyond simple clicks and impressions. This provides the architecture necessary to design and optimize campaigns to achieve the metrics that matter most. And that is priceless for gaining spending efficiency.
● Real-time data: With this format, marketers no longer need to wait until the campaign is complete to make adjustments. Instead, they receive real-time insights from the moment it launches, enabling them to adjust along the way for improved performance.
● Bullseye: All the data that goes into programmatic advertising improves your targeting, allowing you to reach a wider, more accurate audience. For example, Adtaxi uses top-notch tag management to collect actionable data, leverage the power of predictive modeling and use first- and third-party data to target the consumers most likely to act on your message. We also employ cross-platform targeting to make sure the messaging is seamlessly delivered over every device and channel to provide the best experience for your target audience.
Programmatic has the ability to change the face of advertising and empower marketers and brands to better reach their audiences. Once you overcome your fear of the unknowns of programmatic, you will begin to see how it can take your marketing strategy to the next level.