This policy describes how Adtaxi (and its affiliates), collects, uses, and shares personal information.
Types Of Information We Collect.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data, Purpose for Collection, and Use of Data|
|Account Registration||We collect your name and contact information when you create an account.|
|Demographic Information||We collect personal information, such as your age or location.|
|Editorial Purposes||You may submit information to us for editorial purposes, for example in connection with a story, personal anecdote, quote, or a poll. We may use your name and any stories you provide us in articles published online and in our print publications. Editorial content may be attributed to you and we may include your user name and any personal information that you provide in an open forum on this website, to facilitate such attribution.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support or questions we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.|
|Mobile Devices||We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores. Additionally, you may be able to opt-in to receiving mobile messages from us.|
|Open Forums||We may provide forum, chat, bulletin boards, blogs, wikis, or similar services. We may collect information from you necessary for your participation in the open forum. Information you share on an open forum may be visible to the public.|
|Transactions||We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number in connection with certain transactions.|
|Partner Promotion||We may collect information that you provide to us as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.|
|Sharing/Referrals||You may be able to send information about our products and services to others by clicking on an “E-mail to Friend” button, sending an ecard, or using similar functionality on a website or in an e-mail that we have sent you. In some of these cases, you may provide the name and e-mail address of your friend or family member to us.|
|Sweepstakes or Contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.|
|Web Logs||We collect technical information, including your browser type, device information, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
Use And Processing Of Information.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites, including customization based on that identification.
- To provide products and services or to process returns.
- To improve our services and product offerings.
- To streamline the transaction process.
- For credit bureau reporting.
- To conduct analytics and statistical analysis.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
- In order to link identifiable and non-identifiable information about you.
- To profile and score users based on activity and demographic information
As discussed in the sections above, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our legitimate interest in conducting our business.
Sharing Of Information.
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (such as parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose aggregate statistics regarding user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of, our website and e-mails to third parties in the form of aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Public. Some of our websites may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publically available.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders. Our service providers may include credit bureaus.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information contact us at the address below.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request information about how long we keep a specific type of information, or request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
- Opt-Out/Revocation Of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address below, or by using additional opt-out mechanisms applicable to specific types of processing.
- Access To Your Personal Information. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you with reasonable access to the personal information that have about you. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address below.
- California Residents. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
If you receive an e-mail or other correspondence requesting that you provide any personal information (including your website password or credit card information) via e-mail or to a website that does not seem to be affiliated with our website, or that otherwise seems suspicious to you, please do not provide such information, and report such request to us at email@example.com
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. As a multi-national company we transmit information between and among our affiliates. As a result your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We may link to third party websites, products, or services. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
Contact Information. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
4 North Second Street, Suite 800
San Jose, CA 95113
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Last Revised: ___May 16, 2018____