Marketing Strategies To Explore in 2024
Jan 19 2024
Are you still trying to decide on the marketing techniques you’d like to bring into the New Year? 2024 isn’t going to be a repeat of 2023, and there are significant changes that you need to know about (and make) to keep your marketing strategies as effective as they should be.
Here are some of the top trends expected to take hold in 2024, along with strategies from 2023 that you should leave behind and tips for making the transition as easy as possible.
Top Digital Marketing Trends To Expect in 2024
In 2024, you’re going to see several new trends pop up — and you’ll want to harness their power to give yourself a competitive advantage.
What trends are going to become prominent?
An increase in AI involvement
Put simply, the increase in the availability of AI tools such as ChatGPT, Midjourney, Jasper, and others will make planning or adjusting for content needs simpler. AI is also commonly used to analyze data and help with mundane processes, so using these tools could help you get more done in less time.
A shift to first-party data
Since third-party cookies are going away, there will be a shift from using third-party data on consumers to gathering first-party data instead. Rather than handling mass marketing campaigns, businesses will need to focus more on tailoring their messages to their audiences.
A greater focus on video
Digital video continues to be a place to focus your marketing efforts. In 2022, it had grown 22.5% year over year — that growth continued in 2023 and is expected to in 2024. By 2026, digital video advertising revenue is expected to surpass $292.11 million.
Taking even one of these trends under consideration could help put your brand in a better position in 2024.
Leave These Marketing Strategies Behind in 2023
If there was only one strategy to get rid of in 2024, it would be to stop using third-party cookies as soon as possible. Google is deprecating cookies as a part of the Privacy Sandbox project starting in 2024, which means smart marketers will begin to use first- and second-party data in the place of cookies as soon as they can to avoid an abrupt end to their typical data tracking methods.
Another strategy to avoid? Thinking about your marketing process as a funnel. With a funnel model, the goal is to get new users interested in your products or services and eventually convert them into paying customers. The flywheel model takes this to a new level, placing a focus on marketing, sales, and services to create a satisfying customer experience. With the flywheel, customers never leave a funnel — they just continue to go around the wheel in a continuous cycle with minimal friction.
Tips To Help You Navigate Through 2024
In 2024, there are a few things you can keep in mind to develop a strong marketing strategy.
1. Reassess your marketing strategy. Setting clear goals and expectations simplifies this process and ensures that your marketing efforts stay on track. Without clearly defined goals, it’s nearly impossible to measure the success of your marketing efforts.
2. Evaluate what types of marketing techniques you currently use. Are they effective? Are they reaching your target audience? These are important questions to ask to determine which techniques you should continue using and which ones you should let go of.
3. Focus on quality content and messaging. Customers are interested in personalized content now more than ever. Good content helps you reach higher heights on social media and makes deeper connections with your audience.
4. Refocus on storytelling. This allows brands to humanize themselves and create a genuine connection with their audience. It goes beyond just selling a product or service – it creates an emotional pull that makes people want to work with you or buy from you.
5. Get rid of cookie-based processes. Yes, it’s frustrating, but cookies are going away. Instead of waiting until the last minute and scrambling to adapt, don’t procrastinate on embracing a first-party data approach now to stay ahead of the game.
6. Build relationships. Gone are the days when customers were simply seen as moneybags. In this day and age, customers want to be seen and treated as individuals with unique problems that your business can solve. Focus on excellent customer service and making the customer journey exceptional every time.
As we enter a new year, the competition between brands is only going to get tougher, but it’s a year where your brand has an opportunity to shine. There’s no better time than now to start strategizing. These insightful tips can help your brand stand out and stay ahead of the competition in 2024.
Ready to update your digital marketing strategy and build your business?
Our experts are here to help.